Tuesday, February 14, 2012

THE REASONS WHY I HATE VALENTINE DAY


Valentine's Day is terrible for two kinds of people -- those who are single and those who aren't.

For single people, the day is a disappointing reminder they don't have that "special someone" in their life. Not a fun feeling -- believe me, I've been there.

But personally I think it's worse for people in a relationship. Single people can choose to ignore
Valentine's Day. However, if you're in a relationship, the last thing you want to do is ignore Valentine's Day -- believe me, I've been there, too.

 What may have started out as a holiday intended to bring couples together has been transformed into a commercial spectacle peddled to us by florists, greeting card companies, jewelry stores and makers of stuffed animals.

My issue is not with being romantic or expressing your feelings to the person you love. My issue is being required to do so on February 14. This date has zero connection to us. Each year on February 14 we are in essence commanded to be "romantic."

0 comments:

Post a Comment